Flat earth experiments conducted on 1872

I just want to be very clear about this before I start on this. I am not promoting flat earth theory in this blog. I was just this book other day and found it interesting so decided to share in this blog.

If you ask me right now. Is earth flat? My answer is “I don’t know”. Is earth Globe? My answer is “I don’t know”. So what do you believe in then?

NASA has pretty convincing theory and proof like videos and pictures that earth is Globe and there were some experiments conducted to prove that earth is Globe and pretty much everyone believes on that and I grew up learning earth is Globe in my Geography class. So even though, I haven’t seen it with my own eyes, if I have to pick between Flat or Globe. I would pick Globe.

So today we are going to take a look at the flat earth experiments conducted by Samuel Birley Rowbotham who is also known as Parallax. In 1872, he did 15 experiments to prove that theory. He had pretty convincing logic, take a look.

Earth’s circumference is approximately 25,000 miles so if it is a globe, surface of water must have some degree of convexity - each part must bend a little. Mathematically speaking every mile should have declination of 8 inch, second mile will have 32 inch of fall and third mile will have 72 inches or 6 feet. I am not sure if you understand the math but diagram makes pretty good sense.


# 1

He put a guy in a boat with 5 feet tall stick and flag. It was done in Welche's Dam - a well-known ferry passage to Welney Bridge. These two points are 6 miles apart. Idea was to row the boat from Dam to bridge and he would keep on eye on that flag with binocular 8 inches above the surface. Logically it should completely vanished from the sight but it didn’t, he could see the boat and the person clearly with his binocular in that distance.

Expected:


What happened:



# 2

So he put six flags - 5 feet tall - one mile apart in the same canal and looked through his telescope. Guess what happened. He could see top of all the flags. Logically it should be like this.

Expected:


What happened:




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post